Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Goods

Deryl is an odd bird. He is just one of those weird, funny kids who will grow into a weird, funny adult. He is always sneaking in toys, making odd noises, and being disorganized.

As a result of his disorganization, he rarely has his homework or brings back signed papers. With a very exciting field trip approaching, I kept reminding him to bring in his signed permission slip and two dollars. I thought this was a lost cause.

This morning, he walked in the door with the hood from his jacket pulled up around his face. He was carrying a silver briefcase and nothing else.

He looked at me dead in the eyes and said, "I've got the goods."

Going to his desk, he threw the briefcase on the table, popped open the lock, and presented me with a signed permission slip and two crisp one dollar bills.

Oh, the future of America.

2 comments: